Part B FAQ

Part B Frequently Asked Questions

What is Part B?
Part B is federal funding Northeast Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services, Inc. applies for annually. Part B pays for interpreter(s) for private family and social events.

What events qualify for Part B use?
Part B provides interpreting services for funerals, weddings, family reunions family parties and social events.

Who Is Eligible to Use Part B Funds?
Deaf or Hard of Hearing New Hampshire residents are able to use Part B funds. NDHHS must have a Profile Form/Part B application on file for you to use Part B. The form can be found HERE.

Who Pays?
Northeast Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services, Inc. pay the interpreters and/or CART providers directly using the Part B funds. The Deaf/Hard of Hearing person pays nothing. 

How do I make a Part B Request?
Contact the Interpreter and CART Referral Department at Northeast Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services. The Referral Department Video Phone number is 603-968-5891 and the voice phone number is 603-224-1850 x250. The email address is You can also make a request using this online form. *Please contact NDHHS as early as possible to give us time to find interpreters.*

What Information Do I Need to Make a Part B Request?
Your name and best way to contact you (Email address and/or phone number.)
• What kind of event (wedding, funeral, etc.)
• The date and time of the event.
• The names of other deaf/hard of hearing individuals are attending the event
• The names of any interpreters you prefer.
Share by: